December 30, 2016 Knoxville Tennessee
The Knoxville Regional Mental Health Council’s fiscal year (FY)is from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016 which is the same as the federal government FY calendar. The Council approved the FY 2016 annual report on 12-30-16; click here to read the full report.
Also included in the report are the FY 2017 Council goals:
- Partner with at least two (2) non-VA homecare and hospice facilities in the “We Honor Vets” program
- Co-develop a National Veterans/Military Friendly Congregation initiative with MCA
- Expand Veterans Courts (VC) in the 10th Judicial District, TennesseeCurrently one VC in Monroe County who accepts all JIVs in the 10th Judicial District.Expand to one of the three other Counties; Bradley, McMinn and Polk.
- Expand V2VT VWC program Approve Veteran Friendly Congregations, Veterans Service Offices, Veteran Organizations and “We Honor Vets” facilities as V2VT VWC presenters.
- Promote and help expand VA telehealth programs in rural communities
- Partner with a “Celebrate Recovery” (CR) Church and expand CR outreach to rural southeastern Tennessee.
The Council, Vet to Vet Tennessee and all of the members of the Legacy Peer Support want to thank the countless men and women who have help us achieve all six (6) of our FY 2016 goals and more. These accomplishments are only possible because of your support. We have chosen some great outreach opportunities for FY 2017 and are confident with the continued support we will achieve them.
Happy and Blessed 2017 New Year
If you have any comments or would like to make some recommendations please complete the form below. The Council and Vet to Vet Tennessee appreciates the feedback and incorporates information provided in the comments section and also through our after action reports.has been using feedback and after action reports to continuous improve the work product of the mission.