VMFC looks forward to working closely with administrators, community leaders and congregational representatives to provide this much needed resource. We are grateful for your commitment to our Veterans and their family as they work through the difficulties caused by military service and its aftermath. We appreciate your interest and the investment of your time spent learning how your congregation can better serve veterans and their families.
We remind you that in order for us to recognize your place of worship as a “Veteran Friendly Congregation or Ministry” you need only to follow through with these steps:
1. Complete appropriate VMFC enrollment form.
2. Discover who in your community who has served in the military.
3. Designate a member of that group to be a Point of Contact with us.
4. Discuss with your congregation the needs of your particular veterans.
5. Design your ministry to meet the specific needs of your veterans and their families.
Your commitment toward becoming a VMF congregation/ministry/organization begins with raising awareness among the members that you now have this program in place. We urge you to publish this ministry in your bulletins, newsletter, blogs, and websites. Your veterans and their families need to know whom they can turn to for assistance.
We stand ready to help. We are volunteers who want to encourage you to help us bring an end to the suffering of our fellow veterans. Thank you again for what you will do to serve those who have served! Please call us at 865-336-2624 or leave us a note below.